Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TERRORS IN THE NIGHT

TERRORS IN THE NIGHT

Trying to sleep but I can't close my eyes
I feel so strange,  I think I'm going to die
The room is warm but I feel so cold
I'm shivering and shaking, fear is taking hold
I can't even read to calm my racing mind
A few more hours start to pass in time
The chills are gone and now I feel too hot
I'm shaking, mind's racing and I'm sweating alot
I really don't know what's going on with me
Have I really lost my mind, am I going crazy?
I guess this is how I'm going to die, all alone
And no one  will know until I'm just mere bones
And to think, I never got a chance to find my true love
Well that doesn't matter now, nothing does
Minutes creep by like hours and hours creep by like years
I'm lost in the horror of seeing all of my fears
Someone, anyone, let this nightmare just end
I'm tired and my body feels fatigued and spent
I need relief from this torture but it doesn't seem done
But finally goes away with the rising of the sun.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment