Sunday, June 23, 2013

THE STARING WOMAN

THE STARING WOMAN

Why is is she looking at me like that?
Do I have something on my nose?
Is it because she thinks I'm fat?
Are my pants unzipped, leaving everything exposed?
She keeps staring at me and doesn't even blink
I don't know what to think of this situation
All of my insecurities are making me think
What about me is making this causation?
It's not because of my looks, I know that for sure
Because I'm a monster and as ugly as sin
I don't know how much more of this I can endure
Of this silent woman staring, taking me in
I walk out of the place, feeling like a freak
she must have thought I was from some side show
A human looking beast who knew how to speak
No one will ever love me, I know this is the truth
A cursed human being I am with these horrible looks
I was a loser, sitting alone in an empty booth
Engrossing myself and getting lost in my books
And then I looked up and saw her staring at me
But I know it wasn't anything that I was hoping for
As painful and sad as the truth may be
I'm alone for the rest of my life, engulfed by sadness forevermore.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment