Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OLD MEMORIES LIVE HARD

OLD MEMORIES LIVE HARD

Not here, anywhere but here
I try to be strong but I start to tear
Memories of what happened in the past
All of the bad memories come flooding back
I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for a friend
Here is where my brother's life came to an end
I remember being there in that hospital room
While he was in a coma, it all seemed to soon
It was a routine operation, he shouldn't be in this state
The room is filled with family, we all know it's too late
My dear brother, why did this happen to you?
Mom and Sammy are crying, there's nothing we can do
I still can't get over what the doctor just said
You can't even hear what I'm saying, you're brain dead
I knew your wishes, you don't want to be hooked up to a machine
The nurse came and turned it off, this seems like a bad dream
I stayed with you while everyone else wanted to leave
I'll be here with you until you stop to breathe
When you stopped breathing, I cried until I had no tears left
Since you died my life has been nothing but a total mess
Things have come in full circle, once again I'm st this center
Bringing back the pain that I try not to remember
The painful memories of the very day you died
And now all I can do now is crumble up and cry
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment