Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WELCOMING THE END

WELCOMING THE END

The resources have dried up
All the world's water is gone
We have run out of luck
Life on earth won't go on
War and hate ruined it all
Along with mankind's greed
Crops began to wither and fall
Starving mouths stay open to feed
Nothing is left as we start to die
The animals died off before us
We hunted and killed them all but why?
The governments and world leaders
Never really cared about the people
They were more like death's keepers
Full of nothing but greed and evil
But now they're gone too
Money didn't save their lives
There's nothing they can do
Knowing humanity won't survive
And here I am, with a smile on my face
Finally, this miserable life is done
I saw this coming, I saw all the hate
That was done to all under the sun
Dying alone, this was always my fate
I never did find my one true love
I never will now, it's all too late
As I lie, looking at the red sky above
The end is coming and everything's dark
I'm perfectly fine with the way it ends
Now I can't feel the beating of my heart
I'm perfectly fine, welcoming the end
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment