Wednesday, June 19, 2013

THE SUN IS RISING AGAIN

THE SUN IS RISING AGAIN

The sun is rising again, I can finally see it now
But after all the rain, I just wonder how?
Is it finally over?  The empty sadness inside?
Why am I seeing the sun again?  I want to know, why?
Nothing has changed, It’s all still the same today
I need to know why I am feeling this way
I have been down in misery for oh, so long
It’s weird to my ears that I hear a happy song
It’s weird for me to be in such a mood
I keep wondering, is this feeling any good?
Is something wrong with me, have I lost my mind?
I think I may have because I just feel fine
I don’t feel sad like I usually do
Can these feelings of goodness really be true?
What if this is a dream and I wake up to my nightmare?
What if these feelings I have were never really there?
I see the sun again, maybe I shouldn’t wonder why
Maybe I should just relax and enjoy the sunrise.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment