Wednesday, June 19, 2013

POINTLESS

POINTLESS

Life is just endless stress in a rat race
And every day it's more death we face
People keep saying that things will get better
But all I keep seeing is dark clouds and stormy weather
Positive quotes and inspirations don't help
Everyone cares only for themselves and no one else
It's pointless to keep going on in a world like this
I feel like just walking into work and saying I quit
Build a spaceship, wave goodbye and blast off into space
And travel through the universe until I find a suitable place
But that only happens in my wildest dreams
I'm stuck on Earth where the streets are filled with screams
From the pain of someone who's dying or dead
People get killed by the wrong look or something they said
Everyone's on edge and this planet is just a mess
But people call me weird because I feel so depressed
They want me to cheer up but really, what for?
Is there really a reason to even smile anymore?
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment