Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I DON’T UNDERSTAND

I DON’T UNDERSTAND

You’re the beginning of all humanity
Nations and tribes came from you
Please explain this insanity
That I see you sometimes do
Why would you call yourself less than a queen
And degrade yourself so low?
I wonder why and what it means
Do you really feel so hollow?
How could you call yourself the word bitch
And then say that you’re still classy?
And then when someone calls you on it
You say: “Oh well, that’s just me!”
How will you ever get respect
When you think of yourself that way?
When someone calls you that you should break their neck
Not celebrate it and laugh away
Am I weird for thinking like this
To hold all women up high?
I hear a woman call herself a bitch
And all I can do is just sigh
You should know the glory you have inside
You’re the mother of this earth
Humanity would just shrivel up and die
If it wasn’t for the nations you birthed
Why disrespect yourself, I don’t understand
Do you even know how important you are?
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment