Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BEAUTY FROM WITHIN?

BEAUTY FROM WITHIN?

It's what's inside, not what's outside that counts
That's a well said saying but the truth of it I doubt
I only see attractive people who always say these things
The beautiful people of the world who will never feel the stings
Of being rejected and laughed at because of looks
Until you hide yourself in a library behind books
No one can see that you have a heart of gold
A good personality never found me someone to hold
If beauty came from within, then why do I feel so ugly?
Sad from the fact that no woman will ever love me
Let's be honest we live in such a superficial world
That's why attractive guys can be jerks and still get girls
But the ugly guy with the good heart is always left to die
Wading through so many tears that he can no longer cry.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment