Friday, September 26, 2014

DARKNESS IS WINNING

DARKNESS IS WINNING

Trying to stay positive and stay in the light
But today, I know I'm losing this fight
The darkness envelopes me and my entire soul
As it sucks the joy out of me and swallows me whole
So long hope and dreams, they have all been crushed
I am an ugly beast, my heart will never be touched
I'm not a man, I'm just a pathetic excuse for one
The rain will always fall, I'll never see the sun
I'm trying to fight back but the thoughts are too strong
I have fighting against it for way too long
I've been alone all my life, I'm meant to be alone
I'll always come home to nothing but an empty home
I keep fighting but these thoughts won't go away
It seems like the darkness is going to win today
Hopes and dreams are gone and shattered
I'll never get the one thing that really matters
Darkness, you have won today, I surrender and kneel
You have beaten me, this loneliness is all I'll ever feel
Like a tidal wave the darkness knocks me down
And with the sorrow it brings, I delightfully drown.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment