Friday, September 26, 2014

I WON'T BE ENSLAVED BY SOCIETY

I WON'T BE ENSLAVED BY SOCIETY

Don't tell me what to think
Don't tell me what to do
Don't push me to the brink
Because I'm not you

Don't tell me that I need to change
To think more like the rest
The "normal" way of thinking is deranged
Even though most think it's the best

Don't tell me to choose
A choice that's not mine
Don't tell me that I'll lose
Because I have my own mind

Don't tell me how I'm wrong
For not thinking like others
It won't be long
Before my spirit is smothered

So what I'll be alone
Because I refuse to be enslaved
Thinking on your own
Is something for the brave

I'll break free from it all
And stand on the outside
As I watch humanity fall
And destroy itself with my own eyes

I won't be a yes man
And just agree to please
I'll continue to take my stand
And refuse to bend my knee
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment