Friday, September 26, 2014

GOOD, BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH

GOOD, BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH

You're a good man, that's what people say
But that's not enough in this world today
No one wants a good man, they only want jerks
The leeches of the world who betray and hurt
It feels that being this way is just a waste
When the good people of the world are always in last place
They're the ones always left alone
With big hearts that will never find a home
All I ever wanted was to find someone who felt the same
Someone who would make me smile when she said my name
But that is just nothing but a dream for me
I'm not good enough so alone I'll always be
I don't want to dominate or always on the hunt for sex
I think a deep connection with someone is truly the best
I don't care about looks, I only care about the soul
If that woman is truly genuine and whole
But this world is obsessed with looks
And one's social status is what's big in the books
I'm not good enough, I only have a big heart
So I'm constantly rejected, having my soul ripped apart
I’m good, but not good enough for this world, I see
I’m good, but not good enough for a woman to want me.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment