Friday, September 26, 2014

MONSTER

MONSTER

Here they come
I try to hide, to find a place to escape
There's no place to hide, I'm trapped
I hear the footsteps coming closer and closer
I know what's going to happen next
I can't stop it.
I see them now, I know what they're going to say
Before the screams start, I know
I brace myself for the pain ahead

"YOU MONSTER, YOU MONSTER!", they scream at me
Beating me down until I can no longer breathe
Abusing me like I didn't have a right to live
Oh, I wish I could have found a place to hide.....

"YOU'RE FAT!"
"YOU'RE UGLY!"
"YOU'RE WORTHLESS!"
"NO WOMAN WILL EVER WANT YOU!"
"JUST DIE!"

Those words, why do they hurt me with them?
What have I done? 
I don't deserve this pain
They wont' leave me alone, no matter what I do
I wish I had wings and could fly away from here
This cold world has beaten me down once again
I don't know if I'll be able to get up this time
The wounds are now taking longer to heal
It's getting harder to care about it anymore

But I look up and there's no one around
No one is chasing me and beating me down
It was all in my head, now I can plainly see
The one calling me a monster and beating me down
Was just only me.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment