Friday, September 26, 2014

IN THE DARKNESS, SHE WHISPERED TO ME

IN THE DARKNESS, SHE WHISPERED TO ME

Lost in a turmoil of emotions
Not knowing where to turn
My head is full of negative commotion
My soul begins to burn
The darkness envelopes me, dragging me down
I give up, not wanting to fight anymore
I go to my knees, the darkness surrounds
I have no reason left to fight for
As the darkness begins to eat me alive
Through the darkness, I hear a voice
It came through clear in this endless night
It made me realize that I did have a choice
And in the darkness, I began to fight
I ran toward her whispers, which kept calling my name
I couldn't see her but I knew she was there
She kept me calm, kept me tame
She put a small whiff of hope in the air
There was a crack in the darkness and it was light
I ran towards it with all my strength
I ran as hard as I could, with all my might
It seemed like I ran across many great lengths
The closer I came to the light, her face I could see
I reached right out and grabbed her hand
She pulled me out and she didn't let go of me
She embraced the soul of a broken man.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment