Friday, September 26, 2014

I WISH THAT WAS ME

I WISH THAT WAS ME

I wish that was me being kissed
That I would leave for work and I would be missed
I wish I had someone to think of whole I worked
Someone to make me smile and erase all the hurt
To come home to after a long day was done
To see the first thing in the morning of the rising sun
But there is no one, all I have are dreams
I'm alone for life, at least that's what it seems
Nobody wants me in this world so cold
I'll never have someone to embrace and hold
I'm destined to be alone, although I don't want it to be
But it looks like this loneliness is all that I will ever see
I walk on alone in this journey called life
Never to be warmed by another soul, feeling cold as ice
For all the couples in love and feeling happy
I look at them and wished that was me
But my heart will never be loved I'm all alone
I just have to face this world all on my own
It would be nice to have someone standing by my side
Giving me strength every time I looked into her eyes
But there's no one there and there will never be
Someone in this world that would ever love me.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment