Friday, September 26, 2014

IS IT ALL WORTH IT?

IS IT ALL WORTH IT?

The rain keeps pounding down
There's no hope of it coming to an end
The darkness seems to stick around
I only wish this was just a trend
One misfortune after another
I have that kind of luck
The situation becomes tight and smothered
I'm down to my last buck
I always hear how wonderful life is
How great it can be
It hasn't been like that as I exist
It hasn't been great for me
Sometimes I wonder is it worth it to be alive
If all I ever see is misfortune and strife?
What's life worth if pain is all I see with these eyes
And that's all I'll see until the day I die?
What's it all for anyway, life is one harsh lesson
Don't tell me that life is a blessing
It's a curse and there's no exception
It's full of misery pain and stressing
Don't tell me to smile
I have nothing to smile for
As I walk many miles
To get to work while my mind is at war
As I think to myself, is it really worth it?
Why do I bother to continue breathing
There's nothing but sadness and worthless bullshit
I wouldn't mind eternally sleeping
At least then I would be at peace
And my pain will finally be gone for good
No more stress, the thoughts will cease
I'm tired of fighting, I'm looking for the reaper and his dark hood
I give up, just come and take me now
You have won, I'm defeated at last
Bring your Scythe down upon the back of my neck
Just make it clean and make it fast
So I can finally he relived when I take my last breath.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment