Friday, September 26, 2014

IT'S BETTER THIS WAY

IT'S BETTER THIS WAY

I'm not giving up
I'm saving myself
From a world of pain
From more rejection
From more letdowns
From more "Let's just be friends"
It's better that I focus on other things
Instead of chasing an impossible dream
Which I know will never come true
A dream that kills me inside
Of wanting someone to love me
Something that will never happen in my life
So it's better that I turn away now
Before I face more hurt
I'm already broken enough
With wounds that will never heal
I don't need to be broken more
By empty words that disappear
Once someone sees me face to face
And they see the horror that is me
And their feelings change
No, that won't happen again
Not this time
So I'm saying goodbye to hope
It's better this way
Trust me, I know
It's better this way.
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment