Friday, September 26, 2014

I AM DARKNESS (WELCOME HOME)

I AM DARKNESS (WELCOME HOME)

I am where I belong, in the beautiful dark
Not with the rest, out in the sun
The sun is needed for those with a heart 
And those who have someone 
I have no one in my lonely lair
And no one will ever be with me 
There's no amount of prayer 
That will make these things not be
I tried to go out like normal people
Just to be made fun of and ridiculed 
The truth is, people are mostly cruel and evil
To think someone would love me, I felt like a fool 
The darkness welcomed be back, embraced me whole 
There were no jokes made at my expense 
Forever alone is the only life I'll know 
Embracing the darkness, so thick and dense 
I'm  ask in the darkness, where I belong 
People like me will never see love's light 
I will never hear the voice of another woman's song
I will be alone by myself in this eternal night 
Always rejected, beat down and misunderstood 
Laughed at, broken, feeling hollow inside 
If someone could see past my dark soul and see the good
But it's a world of beauty and ugly people are tossed aside 
I wish I wasn't born and looked this way 
Maybe for once, someone I could find
But I'm hideous and from mirrors I stay away 
No one will ever love me in due time 
That's just a fantasy, a wishful dream
Something that won't happen in real life
Life is cold, cruel, wicked and mean
No one wants an ugly fat guy, even if he's nice
At least I'm back home in the darkness, I feel at home 
My eyes are dry and have rub out of tears
I have accepted now I'll be forever alone 
That's how it will be and I have no fears. 
©2014 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment